Together, We Can Boost Our Community
As part of its ongoing commitment to rural communities across the country, the Foundation for Rural Service, (FRS), offers aid for communities served by NTCA members like Consolidated, through its annual Community Grants Program. These grants are designed to provide support to a variety of local efforts to build and sustain a high quality of life in rural America.
Applicants, the Community Grant application is quick and easy.
- First things first, Review the Application Guide found here and follow the guidelines on page 2.
- Second, send your proposal to Consolidated Telcom before the August 15, 2022 deadline.
Applications that have not been submitted to NTCA by Consolidated Telcom will not be reviewed. Awards ranging from $250 to $5,000 are made at the end of the year, normally around Thanksgiving.
Eligible categories include:
- Business & Economic Development
- Community Development
- Telecommunications Applications
FRS provides priority to projects that:
- Could be fully funded by the grant maximum of $5,000 or have at least 75% of the project currently funded.
- Technology and broadband enabled focused projects.
- Have a long-term impact for the community and its residents.
- Promote community participation and engagement.
- Create a more sustainable rural community.
FRS will not award projects to:
- Scholarship Programs
- International Organizations
- Lobbying and Political Activities
- Ticketed Events
- Infrastructure/Building campaigns
- Capital Campaigns
- Event Sponsorships
- Community Food Programs
- Loan Repayments
- Religious-based activities
- For-Profit Businesses