The IT Systems Supervisor is responsible for managing the IT Systems Specialists and working directly with the Business Services Manager in overseeing the operations of IT services for business customers. This is a working supervisor position and the IT Systems Supervisor will perform the job duties of the IT Systems Specialist as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for supervising, scheduling and assigning work to IT Systems Specialists;
- Responsible for assisting business customers with assessing their IT needs and related network purchases, repairs, upgrades, etc.; Promotes network products and services; Provides in-house network and Internet technical support for walk-in, call-in and on-line customers;
- Works directly with Communications Consultants and IT Systems Specialists in the preparation of proposals based on a collaborative evaluation of the customer’s network system and needs;
- Responsible for researching new IT products and services that can be offered to businesses;
- Maintains department’s inventory levels and returns, as well as researching and ordering products;
- Makes recommendations to Business Services Manager on department policies and procedures;
- Recommends training as needed; Performs annual performance appraisals;
- Short and long range planning for the department; Assists Business Service Manager and Director of Business Operations with annual budget preparation;
- Performs all duties and responsibilities listed under the IT Systems Specialist as needed and as assigned.
Position and advancement within the wage range established for this position are dependent upon performance and the scope of the duties and responsibilities assigned.
Computer Science or similar technical degree, or similar related training. Specialized technical training and or Microsoft Certified System Engineer and CCNA status preferred. Experience with servers (domain controller and active directory), cloud/hosted solutions and Virtual Machines/Servers. An interest and desire in continuing education/training to keep up with changes in technology. Prior management experience preferred.
Knowledgeable in computer service, networks and the Internet in commercial settings.
Pays close attention to detail, schedules and customer reports. Supervise assigned staff effectively. Uses mechanical and electrical power tools. Physically exerting workload at times. Must have strong customer service skills, ability to work independently and be a team player. Respond to customers and community to ensure positive public relations and to retain customer identification with the system. Able to work under and handle stressful periods when meeting deadlines. Must recognize that one of the most important performance areas in which the Company functions is public and customer relations; to insure continued growth and success of the Company, the best possible courteous and friendly relationship with customers must be maintained. Answers customer inquiries.
The IT Systems Supervisor reports to the Business Services Manager.
Directly supervises assigned staff. Maintains close relationship with all departments. Works primarily with business customers. Works with manufacturers, suppliers and vendors in sourcing and researching products for customer projects.
- Computer Science or similar specialized training;
- Prior management experience;
- Prior experience in the repair, setup, programming and troubleshooting of network related products; (hardware and software, computers, servers, cloud/hosted solutions and Virtual Machines/Servers);
- Customer service oriented;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Routine short and long term planning, and budget preparation;
- Professional appearance and manner;
- Ability to work and communicate well with others;
- Strong computer and networking career commitment;
- Able to work with little or no supervision;
- Imaginative effort to solve customer and company problems;
- Team player and willing to take initiative.