The IT Systems Specialist is responsible for the repair, setup, programming and troubleshooting of end-user devices (computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.), network infrastructure, cloud/hosted solutions. This position’s primary focus is to serve as the point of contact and service for customer network issues. The Business Services Supervisor will assign specific job duties to ensure coverage of all responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for installation and servicing of network (hardware and software) related products; builds network to customer specifications;
- Responsible for assisting customers with network purchases, repairs, upgrades, etc.; Promotes network products and services; Provides in-house network and Internet technical support for walk-in, call-in and on-line customers;
- Responsible for business customer computer and network installations and repair:
- Assists with the installation, troubleshooting and repair of broadband hardware and software at customer premises, as needed;
- Works with sales staff in the preparation of proposals based on a collaborative evaluation of the customer’s network system and needs;
- Assists with maintaining department’s inventory levels and returns, as well as researching and ordering products;
- Performs all duties and responsibilities listed under the Internet CSR, Combination Technician and CPE Technician Job Descriptions, as needed and as assigned.
Position and advancement within the wage range established for this position are dependent upon performance and the scope of the duties and responsibilities assigned.
Computer Science or similar technical degree, or similar related training. Specialized technical training and or Microsoft Certified System Engineer and CCNA status preferred. Experience with servers (domain controller and active directory), cloud/hosted solutions and Virtual Machines/Servers. An interest and desire in continuing education/training to keep up with changes in technology.
Job Knowledge Knowledgeable in computer service, networks and the Internet.
Uses mechanical and electrical power tools. Physically exerting workload at times. Must have strong customer service skills, ability to work independently and be a team player. Respond to customers and community to ensure positive public relations and to retain customer identification with the system. Able to work under and handle stressful periods when meeting deadlines. Must recognize that one of the most important performance areas in which the Company functions is public and customer relations; to insure continued growth and success of the Company, the best possible courteous and friendly relationship with customers must be maintained. Answers customer inquiries and refers unanswered questions to the appropriate supervisory personnel.
The IT Systems Specialist may be required to participate in the On-Call & Weekend Duty rotation. This position may also require occasional overtime.
The IT Systems Specialist reports to the Business Services Supervisor.
Maintains close relationship with all departments. Works primarily with business customers. Works with manufacturers, suppliers and vendors in sourcing and researching products for customer projects.
- Computer Science or similar specialized training;
- Prior experience in the repair, setup, programming and troubleshooting of network related products; (hardware and software, computers, servers, cloud/hosted solutions and Virtual Machines/Servers);
- Customer service oriented;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Routine short term planning;
- Productive responsible conduct;
- Professional appearance and manner;
- Ability to work and communicate well with others;
- Strong computer and networking career commitment;
- Able to work with little or no supervision;
- Imaginative effort to solve customer and company problems;
- Team player and willing to take initiative.