The Customer Service Representative takes part in all commercial activities of the Company and assists in the development of strategies to increase the sales and usage of services and equipment. The Customer Service Representative provides total customer care as to inquiries and sales of all products and services. Specific job duties may be assigned to each Customer Service Representative to ensure coverage of all responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- other duties may be assigned:
- Promote and sell all services including telephone, video and internet as well as all other new products or services offered;
- Responsible for complete care of all customers as to bill inquiries, sales, moves, new service requests, changes in service, etc.;
- Initiates and processes all service orders for services sold or changes requested, and coordinates scheduling of installations;
- Performs credit checks on new service requests;
- Input 911, Directory Listing and Directory Assistance information into billing database and process reports;
- Process, coordinate and troubleshoot orders through porting databases;
- Uses Billing Modules and various databases to complete customer transactions;
- Customer follow-up after connection of new service or product;
- Customer education of new products and services;
- Responsible for answering and routing telephone calls, and taking payments from customers;
- Tracks delinquent customer accounts and makes pay arrangements with customer; initiates and processes disconnect orders;
- Closes all service orders;
- Required to participate in area trade shows, live radio remotes and other community events held throughout the year;
- Conducts continuing appraisal of selling prices and market penetration, and makes recommendations for improvements.
Position and advancement within the wage range established for this position are dependent upon performance and the scope of the duties and responsibilities assigned.
Knowledge and skills usually acquired through two years of sales or customer service experience. Two-year college degree or business skills training desired. Experience working with computers for data entry and informational inquiries.
Must become knowledgeable in all the products and services provided by the Company.
Show initiative and sound business judgment to market and achieve sales goals. Establish effective relationships and coordinate activities with other telco personnel. Possess excellent verbal communication skills to address residential and business customers. Represent the Company in a professional manner. Must recognize that one of the most important performance areas in which the Company functions is that of customer relations; to ensure continued growth and success of the Company, the best possible courteous and friendly relationship with the customer must be maintained.
The Customer Service Representative reports to the Customer Service Supervisors.
Establishes close relationships with all telco staff for marketing and sales programs. Works closely with plant departments for issues related to installation, repair, and service. Makes contact and follows leads with potential customers. May work with manufacturers, suppliers, and vendors in ordering products.
- College degree or business skills training;
- Customer service work experience;
- Responsibility to represent the Company before the general public and
- customers in a professional manner;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and handle upset customers;
- Ability to adapt to change in work environment;
- Ability to complete quality work with minimal errors.