Please use the main website contact form to submit a recipe, thank you.Cream Puffs Print Version
Fuji Cream Puffs
Makes 10 large cream puffs (or 20 medium, or 4 dozen mini cream puffs)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
3. Bring the water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the butter. When the butter has melted, add the flour mixture all at once and stir vigorously. Cook and stir until the mixture forms a ball that doesn’t separate.
4. Remove from the heat and cool slightly (about 1 minute). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one until the dough is smooth.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough about 2-inches apart onto a greased baking sheet. Or transfer the batter to a pastry bag with a round tip and pipe circles about 2-inches in diameter and about 1-inch apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake the puffs for about 30 minutes until they are golden brown and puffy. If the puffs are medium-size, bake for about 22 — 25 minutes, and if the puffs are mini-size, bake for about 17 — 20 minutes. Remove the cream puffs from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
In a food processor or mini chopper grind ham to desired consistency, then in a medium bowl combine all ingredients, place into a covered container to chill. Cut cream puff and place desired amount in puff.
Or as a dessert:
Prepare choice of instant pudding and place desired amount in cream puff. Can be combined with fresh fruit and whipped cream.